Safety Management Group provides a comprehensive, categorized listing of safety-related websites and information resources. Look below for links to safety information and for pdf files for download.
- OSHA Incident Rate Calculator
A simple and easy OSHA incident rate calculator
- True Cost of Injury Caluculator
Learn about the direct and indirect cost of an injury using this tool.
- Chemfinder Webpage
A great resource for information on chemicals.
Chemtrec is a 24-Hour Hazardous Materials Emergency Communication Service.
- NIOSH Pocket Guide to Chemical Hazards
The NIOSH Pocket Guide to Chemical Hazards is intended as a source of general industrial hygiene information for workers, employers, and occupational health professionals.
- Need to know the Permissable Exposure Limit for a chemcial?
OSHA’s TABLE Z-1 Limits for Air Contaminants.
Confined Space Entry
- OSHA’s Confined Space Resource Page
Lots of information to help you recognize, evaluate, and control hazards associated with confined spaces.
Experience Modification Rate EMR
- About Experience Modification Rates
Details and links about how EMR is calculated and how it affects business.
- Eye Protection in the Workplace
Here’s some useful information regarding how to prevent eye injuries in the workplace from Prevent Blindness America
- First Aid Supply
First Respond stocks a full line of first aid supplies with a multitude of safety products and first aid kits in our online store and can be shipped nationwide.
- OSHA Interpretation of First Aid Requirements
OSHA requirements for providing training for first aid, CPR, and BBP for prompt treatment of injured employees at various workplaces.
- OSHA’s Hazard Communication Technical Information Page
This is OSHA’s Technical Information Page pertaining to Hazard Communication. See an example written program and learn the steps necessary to build your own HazCom program.
- OSHA’s Hearing Conservation Technical Resource Page
This is OSHA’s Resource Page devoted to Hearing Conservation issues. This is a great resource if you need help developing a Hearing Conservation Program.
- Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary
This online language center enables users to double check spelling and definitions of words. A great resource when preparing an incident report.
- Pillar Group
Offers customer-focused goal of providing “pillars” of services: Risk Management, Commercial Lines Insurance, Personal Lines Insurance, Fidelity and Surety, Safety Management, Employee Benefits and Life.
Lessons Learned Sites
- U.S. Chemical Safety Board Investigations
The CSB is an independent federal agency charged with investigating industrial chemical accidents.
- CCPS Process Safety Beacon
The Center for Chemical Process Safety (CCPS) publishes the monthly one-page Process Safety Beacon for plant operators and other manufacturing personnel. Each publication presents a real-life accident, the lessons learned and practical means to prevent a similar accident in your plant.
- Project Hanford Lessons Learned Web site
One of the primary goals of the Department of Energy Lessons Learned process is to connect DOE Sites through shared information so we can all benefit from each other’s innovations and prevent repeating unfortunate events. Here you can find indexes of Project Hanford Lessons Learned, a description of the lessons learned process, reference material, and links to the DOE Lessons Learned database.
- Construction Safety Lessons Learned
The Contractor Safety Sharing (CS-SHARE) web site provides a platform for the communication and retrieval of information that will help ensure the safety of workers. Information such as lessons learned, best practices, safety recalls, safety flashes, general safety articles, etc. may be submitted for publication.
Lockout/Tagout — Control of Hazardous Energy
- Lockout-Tagout Interactive Training Program
Whether you are a recent hire or an experienced employee, this oline OSHA program will expand your knowledge of the Lockout/Tagout standard.
- OSHA’s Lockout/Tagout Information Page
This is OSHA’s Technical Information Page pertaining to lockout/tagout issues.
- OSHA’s Machine Guarding Resource Page
This page contains general information on the various hazards of mechanical motion and techniques for protecting workers. Compliance information related to machine guarding is also included.
Material Safety Data Sheets
- Need a MSDS in a hurry?
This is Cornell University’s immense searchable database of Material Safety Data Sheets.
This pay site allows searches into their vast archive of current Material Safety Data Sheets. Registration required for five free searches.
- Multi-Employer Worksite Compliance Directive
This is an internal OSHA Compliance Directive to Compliance Officers outlining how responsibilities for jobsite hazards will be determined (lengthy).
- OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration)
This is OSHA’s comprehensive website that includes a vast amount of regulatory information.
- OSHA’s Goals for 2003-2008
Here are OSHA’s Strategic Goals for 2003-2008 (formulated in May 2003).
- OSHA’s Construction and General Industry Standards
OSHA’s Regulations (29 CFR) online and searchable.
- Do you need clarifications about an OSHA regulation?
OSHA maintains a searchable database of letters requesting clarification or interpretations of their regulations. Click above and enter the subject of your inquiry.
- Has your company ever been inspected by OSHA?
OSHA’s inspection database was not initially meant for public access, but has been made available to the public. Enter your company name to see detail regarding past compliance inspections that have occurred since 1971.
- OSHA Inspection Data
Learn what infractions are most common for your type of business (based on SIC Code).
- What’s my company’s SIC Code?
This page offers a search engine to locate your company’s Standard Industrial Code (SIC).
- Occupational Safety Councils of America
Occupational Safety Councils of America (OSCA) was established to help area employers meet their employment, training and safety challenges. By providing employers with a comprehensive selection of training, educational and security tools, OSCA has been successful in developing a safer, healthier and better-educated workforce.
- Building Products Services
Heathcare Building Ideas, Hospitality Construction, and Retail Construction — Links
- Stainless Wire Rope
– Sanlo is the most trusted name in wire rope assemblies. Our Wire rope and mechanical cable assemblies provide a world of simple, reliable, cost-effective solutions to an ever-increasing array of applications in a wide range of industries.
- Building Indiana News
Information is power, and we want to equip you and your business with as much of it as possible. Begin your exploration today of Building Indiana News, a business tool like no other in northern Indiana.
To provide better service in alerting the American people to unsafe, hazardous or defective products, six federal agencies with vastly different jurisdictions have joined together to create www.recalls.gov — a “one stop shop” for U.S. Government recalls.
- Workplace Safety Magazine Articles
Safety Magazine Newsletter Archives including recalls
- OSHA Recordkeeping Handbook
OSHA has released its long-awaited recordkeeping document that addresses the new recordkeeping standard.
- OSHA’s Recordkeeping Resource Page
This is OSHA’s Resource page devoted to the recordkeeping standard.
- Respiratory Protection Page
This is a page with numerous links found within the OSHA website that provides vast amount of information regarding the respiratory protection standard.
- University of Vermont
Safety Information Resources on the Internet
- OSHA’s Scaffolding Technical Information Page
This page is a comprehensive resource that includes regulatory information, images, directives, and other information pertaiing to scaffolding.
- Scaffolding eTool from OSHA
Here’s a very informative page within the OSHA site that provides online training regarding scaffolding.
- How are Incident Rates Calculated?
This is a link to the Bureau of Labor Statistics website page detailing how to calculate incident rates
- How does your company’s injury/illness rates compare to others?
The “Safety and Health” section provides up-to-date safety statistics presented by Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) Code. How does your company compare to the rest of the nation?
- The Mother of All Statistics Pages
This page is a clearinghouse of statistics for all government agencies.
Toolbox Safety Talks
- Need a Toolbox Safety Talk?
This site offers toolbox talks organized by subject matter. A great source for material to discuss with crews at the beginning of the work week.
- Safety Management Group’s Virtual University
Occupational Safety and Health training
- What training does OSHA require for Construction Companies?
This page on OSHA’s site identifies all training required in the construction standard.
- Illinois Industrial Commission Page
This site contains the Illinois Worker’s Compensation Act and lots of other helpful information pertaining to Illinois Worker’s Comp.
- Indiana Worker’s Compensation Code
This is an online version of Indiana’s Worker’s Compensation Code.
This site offers great information about workers’compensation (and other) insurance is easy-to-understand language.
This is a site devoted to worker’s compensation issues containing a staggering amount of information and hyperlinks to all state worker’s compensation sites.